The job of HVAC Technician was established for the purpose/s of providing HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
Primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
• Coordinates with assigned foreman and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or
systems repair and/or replacement needs.
• Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions,
taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of
evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
• Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
• Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information
required to perform job functions.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying
Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the
purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete
the necessary installation and/or repair.
• Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns